First off, thank you for indulging in my blog and reading all the Retro-Ranks over the past few weeks. It’s been an adventure the lines of The Hangover but with less alcohol and one less naked Asian. From the looks of the hits, it was somewhat of a hit. So I may take advantage of this in the future…but not for awhile yet.
Allow me a moment first to profess a Statement of Commitment for the Rankatron.
- Beginning immediately, the Rankatron will feature new reviews and articles every Wednesday and Saturday. The time depends on when I’m able to do it. But it will be done. Most likely late at night. I’m a night owl. Correction: I am Night Owl. It’s my super-hero alter-ego. So don’t expect an early morning update. I ain’t no newspaper.
- From time-to-time, while I complete the Ultimate Rankatron, I will be posted new reviews of newer movies and other stuff I’ve seen or been privy to. This may equal more surprise postings! It’s like finding more than two scoops of raisins in your Raisin Bran.
- I promise more raisin and less bran…but not too much less, just enough bran to get you regular.
- I have some clever plans potentially laid out for the New Year as a means to expand my media footprint. Stay tuned here for more. I may be buying a blimp like Conan!
- Update: I’m not buying a blimp unless someone has a freebie I could borrow.
- You can follow me on Twitter by going all clickity-click here! Or just Google “Twitter TheRankatron”.
- I’m kinda on Facebook but I don’t like updating the Fan Page. I find myself checking out other stuff before I get to it and before you know it, it’s 4am and you have to get up at 7…so don’t follow me there quite yet. That may change.
- Hey what’s that subscription thing on the right menu? Wonder what it does? Could I win money? Do I get to ride in the Rankatron Blimp? (NOTE: There’s no blimp…I’m sorry I brought it up…but there may be a Rankatron balloon…the small kid’s carnival kind.) Just click it and see what happens. It costs nothing but it pays you in free notification of my bloggings.
- A Rankatron Tank-a-tron???? Oh yeah!!!!!! (That would be AWESOME!!!)
- Serious note: also on the right menu you’ll notice a charity called “To Write Love on Her Arms”. To quote from their website “To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.” Costs nothing but time by clicking on the link. If you’ve ever known anyone who’s been down that road, just give’er a try and take a couple minutes to listen to what they have to say.
So that’s about it.
In the meantime, it’s Game On!